OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The objectives of WHO's emergency programme are to design and implement programmes that prepare the health sector to deal with emergencies and that improve health during and after crises.
2) ensuring that critical gaps in the health response to outbreaks are rapidly identified and filled;(3) revitalizing and building the capacity of national health systems and health partners to deal with preparedness, mitigation and response to outbreaks of communicable diseases.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
As part of a unit team, to perform a variety of secretarial and administrative services in support of the activities of the technical unit.
Assigned duties : 1. Drafts correspondence and documents based on written / verbal prompts from the professional staff of the unit.
Composes and finalizes correspondence of administrative nature. Provides rough translation or synopsis of incoming mail.
Takes notes at meetings. Types reports and other documentation.2. Assists with the administrative preparation and conduct of regional meetings and educational activities, in accordance with established procedures.
3. Makes travel arrangements for duty travels and, in accordance with established procedures, prepares approval memoranda, travel authorizations and follows up on issue of duty travel reports.
processes agreements for performance of work and other types of contractual arrangements as required and related correspondence follows up on deadlines of such agreements / contracts and prepares payment instructions.
5. Initiates action to process or follow up on correspondence, documentation and forms. Creates background files and compiles reference material as appropriate.
Accesses and retrieves information from relevant databases and updates as required.6. Responds to and acts on telephone enquiries and requests for information.
Assesses the critical nature of technical enquiries and refers them to appropriate staff for reply. Coordinates appointments for supervisor(s) and organizes programmes for visitors.
7. Provides briefing and guidance to staff at all levels in the unit / programme on office practices and procedures; liaises with, assists or replaces other secretaries and / or programme assistants in the unit or department should the need arise.
8. Performs other related duties as required.
Essential : Equivalent to graduation from secondary school or technical or commercial school.
Desirable : Higher education from an accredited educational institution an asset.
Essential : At least four years' experience in the secretarial / administrative field.
Desirable : Experience in WHO / UN an asset.
Proficiency in the use of standard office software (MS Office applications, incl. Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point) and note-taking.
Operation of computerised systems and databases.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential : Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Turkish.
Desirable : Intermediate knowledge of Arabic.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at TRY 74,462 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.