We are looking for people with passion to lead the engineering and quality agenda with the overall goal to improve the customer satisfaction. If you want to be the main contact towards the suppliers and work as part of the business team together with the supplier to develop and secure the production process, handling of quality deviations and secure compliance to all IKEA requirements.
Product Engineer will be responsible for a variety of responsibilities as below;
· Lead and involve the right resources in Purchasing to secure the product development (NEWS and MOVES) projects of medium or high complexity are delivered on time and with quality
· Lead product development at the factory floor from a technical point of view and secure scalability for further implementation at other suppliers
· Participate in Contract Review and lead implementation of product documentation connected to new articles as well as product improves
· Secure that the product is at correct quality level according to IKEA Documentation (including packaging and P0010, tested, and complying with relevant Standards, Demands, and Guidelines)
· In cooperation with supplier and Product Compliance specialist, secure and verify that all IKEA requirement documents are correct, complete and available in the IT system at first delivery
· Contribute to the development projects from a technical perspective, with competence in construction, material, production, quality and customer expectations
· Actively identify put forward and execute Product Improvements with priority to satisfy customers, as well to utilize material and energy in an efficient way
· Conduct Production Risk Assessments for new products together with production engineer
· Register product and arrange for Gate check before First Delivery
· Secure the first batch production and first delivery inspection are completed and approved
· Understanding of IKEA Strategic Landscape, especially IKEA Purchasing Strategy, IKEA Business model and IKEA Business Model for growth and key processes (e.g. PDP, SDP, DPOP) and IKEA Purchasing Manual
· Understanding of relevant Category Plans and Total Cost
· Very good knowledge of the product requirements, standards and test methods.
· Very good understanding of Democratic design and customer needs and expectations regarding function, customer friendliness and products critical to quality (CTQ)
· Good knowledge of materials' properties and construction
· Good knowledge of production processes and technologies
· Knowledge of audit and assessment techniques, and analysis of suppliers working methods and performance
· Good communication skills in English both written and verbal
· Textile Engineering graduate with minimum 5 years of working experience in manufacturing
· Process oriented with good analytical and structured approach
· Capability to build trust and relationships, for long-term business partnership
· Ability to make decisions and solve problems with a holistic view; always act with the customer, supplier and total IKEA in mind
· Capability to lead projects and secure implementation
· Share and live IKEA values and IKEA Code of Conduct
Submit your application as soon as possible however not later than July 17, 2020.
Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate.
We look forward to receive your application, in English!